History Cattle Call
As we begin planning for the 60th anniversary of the devastating F5 tornado that hit downtown Waco, the exhibit team wonders how many stories and photographs remain unknown. Previously cherished only by survivors, helpless bystanders, and generations of families, we want to bring those narratives into the public sphere for the first time. Please help us make sure Storm Watch 2013 tells the complete story of the Waco Tornado by submitting your oral histories, photographs, and available memorabilia using the following guidelines:
- Include full name, address, and phone number of the person submitting the oral history.
- Name and as much information as possible about the person from whom the history originated.
- A detailed oral history. There is no required length; any story, long or short, is appreciated.
- Include full name, address, and phone number of the person submitting the photographs.
- The name and as much information as possible about the person who took the photographs.
- A detailed description of location and camera information if available.
- If you are able to scan the photographs, please scan in full color at 300 dpi. Email them no more than four at a time.
- If you cannot scan the photographs, send a low resolution picture (a camera phone picture is fine).
- The Dr Pepper Museum has scanning services available. Please let us know if you would like us to scan your photographs.
- You will receive your originals back, and if you bring us a CD we would be happy to provide you with a digital copy.
- The digital scans of your photographs will become part of the Dr Pepper Museum’s collection. You will receive donation paperwork via USPS mail, email, or in person.
- Include full name, address, and phone number in your initial contact.
- All items submitted to the exhibit team for use in the exhibit will be considered on loan to the Dr Pepper Museum. You will receive loan paperwork via USPS mail, email, or in person.
- If possible, submit detailed photographs of the items (camera phone pictures are fine).
- Pick up/drop off of items will be determined on a case-by-case basis, as well as shipping fees if necessary.
- Examples include: items from affected businesses, family mementos such as letters or postcards, and salvaged building materials.
Please send all information to:
Subject: History Cattle Call